Monday, January 4, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Now, I don't want to complain too much, as I know many of you have been enduring -30 degree weather, but I just have to say that I do not like the rain here. I don't mind a short shower at the end of a hot day - that's refreshing. No, I'm talking about the kind of rain that last for 3 days. Why don't I like it? Well for starters, everyone stays home! The streets are empty - you can't find anyone! And if you can't get a cell phone signal, you really can't find anyone. Secondly, if there is no power, (like now) well, there's just nothing to do. And lastly, well, it's kinda cold and nothing seems to dry (i.e. my towels from this morning's shower) - kinda reminds me of the 3 winters I spent in Langley, BC. Yep, I don't like it. I will begin praying for sunshine right now!

No comments: