Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Catching up

Since February 12, we have had 19 North Americans stay at our house for some period of time. It's been busy. We're at the halfway point. Tomorrow, 8 more arrive from Winnipeg and I think things will wrap up for awhile on April 9 when we drop a group of 14 off at the airport.

Hosting groups is great. It's fun to interact with and meet new people and have them experience life in Haiti. Hosting groups is also tiring. It's a 24/7 job with just a couple hours of "me" time stolen every once and awhile.

Things are progressing at the clinic. When the Saskatoon group was here, the majority of the painting in the hospital got done, and the plumbing should be finished soon. This week, we will be tiling. It's so good to see the progress happening.

This weekend, a team from the clinic will make its first official trip to Port au Prince to provide relief and a mobile clinic to a tent city in Ft. National. The plan is to send a team every second weekend for the next 3 months.

Also, next week I'll be making my first trip to Port for some meetings. I'm sure I'll have something to say about that when I get back.

It has been FREEZING here the past few days. Cloudy and rainy. The other night i was wearing 2 sweaters and a jacket and was still cold. This Canadian has become soft. It was 22 degrees last night and it felt like 5 degrees.

Sorry for the random post, just wanted to update a few things. I'll attempt to do better in the future.

1 comment:

Jeff Schaefer said...

Hey Janelle, would I be able to talk more with you on your personal email? I go to Glenn Peterson's church in Sarnia Ontario and my son is planning on going to Haiti with his cousin in July. I would like to talk further on this. Thanks.

Jeff Schaefer