Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Just a few more days!

It's hard to believe that in just a few days Cal and I will be on our way to Canada together! Saturday morning we will be begin our LONG journey there. We'll leave Haut Limbe at about 7 am, drive to Cap, take a bus from Cap to Santiago, DR. Arrive in Santiago at 2 or 3 pm. Catch another bus to Sosua, DR. Take a taxi to the Puerto Plata airport. Board our Air Canada flight at 9:50 pm. Arrive in Toronto at around 2 am. Go through customs, and then wait for our 7 am flight for Saskatoon. Arrive in Saskatoon at around 9:30 am Sunday am. Whew! I think we will be a little tired!

Now that I know that Cal is coming, I've been trying to think of all the things that we can do and what I can show him about life in Canada. We'll get some time out at the family farm in Norquay, do some fishing, go to Winnipeg to see friends and relatives, and possibly head out to Alberta for a few days to visits some friends that have come to Haiti.

We'll spend the first couple of weeks in Saskatoon with my family, relaxing and exploring things there. I'm excited to show him the University, our parks, malls, libraries and go to a movie or two. Any recommendations for what else you would show someone on their first trip to Canada?

2 comments:

Natasha Westerhoud said...

I am so excited for you both. Praying for you both this week as you prepare and will be praying for you travelling day...

Rachael said...

The Legislature in Winnipeg! And drop us a note if you'll be in Edmonton. Enjoy the trip.