Thursday, September 30, 2010

Where did September go?

I can't believe that September is pretty much over! Where did it go? I guess this means summer vacation is over. University started earlier this month and primary and secondary schools will begin again next week. The sun is setting a bit earlier and the nights are "cooler". Yes, summer is over. It also means that things will start picking up again in terms of my work. We have 2 groups scheduled to come this fall - one at the end of October and another in mid-November. It'll be so exciting to see what work will be completed on the new hospital!

I was able to spend a few days this past weekend in Santiago, DR after recovering from a bit of illness. I'm almost 100% now, thank goodness. I would like to say that I relaxed in the DR, but really I didn't. I joked with my friend/host that I came to Santiago for stimulation - shopping, traffic, city life - I can rest when I'm in Haut Limbe! The main reason I went was to get my passport stamped to keep me legal, but in an added bonus I got to do some shopping for personal items, get a haircut, drive up to Puerto Plata, experience Dominican Church, realize how much of my Spanish language skills I've lost, watch cable TV, have ice in my drinks, eat salad and hand out with my friend Tammi. It was a nice break.

Now, back to work! 

No comments: