Friday, May 21, 2010

Normal?

It feels weird to say it, but it feels like this past week life has been "normal" here. Now, I'm not so sure what normal is supposed to be here, but this last week, I've felt it. Life since the earthquake has made life feel like anything but normal. It was busy and there were always groups here so I didn't feel like I had much routine. But a few things happened this past week that made things normal.

We went to the beach on Sunday and were able to swim and just lay in the sun - normal. The internet in my office was working again - normal. I went into Limbe to the bank one afternoon - normal. We had a nice day in Cap on Tuesday which included going for lunch and eating ice cream afterwards - normal. We spent the evening sitting in the living room, in the dark, talking and laughing together - normal.

All these things combined together made life feel normal here, and it feels good.

No comments: